Postcard Update – Barcelona

by brian on February 9, 2009

Ayana and I have made it to Barcelona, Spain after a fast but full 2 1/2 days in London.

Postcards are out by this Wednesday, so send your physical address to the email address listed in the blog under “GET A *REAL* POSTCARD”.

It’s OK if you don’t know me…I don’t know you either!

But we will know each other after I send you a postcard.

At least I have Ayana now to help to me put stamps on cards. But don’t worry, I will still write them all personally!

ScottFro February 9, 2009 at 7:58 AM

¡Fantástico! Naomi says make sure to check out Sagrada Familia, a temple created by architect Antoni Gaudi:

Address: Calle Mallorca 401, 08034, Barcelona
Opening hours 09:00-18:00
Admission : 11 Euros Save12% with the Barcelona Card

Metro: Sagrada Familia (Blue Line, L5) and (Purple Line, L2)

Also be sure to stop by Naomi’s friend’s bar/restaurant for breakfast lunch or dinner. His name is Abe Figueroa and the place is Dostrece at Calle Carme 40 in Barcelona. http://www.dostrece.net

Have fun!

J&M RTW Adventure February 10, 2009 at 4:32 AM

Barcelona is my favorite stop as of now, but we’re still less than half done w/ our trip. I’d recommend the Bus Turistic, Casa Batllo, La Sagrada Familia (get the optional audio guide), a Xurreria (fresh churro shop – 1 EUR for 100g!) on Carrer dels Banys Nous and Cerveceria Catalana. Have a blast!

Kymbugs February 10, 2009 at 7:54 AM

I’ve been to DosTrece! It’s really cool! The food was good. It had a non-smoking area (a rarity in Barcelona) and on Friday evening live music in the basement. Tell Ayana that Abe is very cute!!

leslie37 February 10, 2009 at 8:27 AM

I’m sure it’s on your list, but Park Guell is my favorite stop. Gaudi’s attempt at Disney (without the rides) http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/albums-en/gaudi-park-guell/

PS – just rec’vd South Africa penguin postcard AND Amsterdam in same day! Thx!!

Michelle Awuku-Tatum February 12, 2009 at 9:54 AM

Thank you for the post cards Brian, we got two in one week (Amsterdam and Athens)! Enjoy!

brian February 12, 2009 at 11:18 AM

@ScottFro
Got to Abe and Sagrada Familia!

@J&M
Missed Casa Batillo but got to La Sagrada Familia. We forgot the churro and didn't get a great one before we left. Next time!

@Kymbugs
I'll leave Abe to you!

@leslie37
Glad you got the cards. South Africa was really late but at least it got there.

@Michelle