Incredibly cool site that allows you to track international flights in real time on a map.
Also gives on time arrival performance, weather delays, even the arrival and departure gates at the airport. This website covers airports all over the world so play with it and see how it can help you.
The most important thing you can do when you travel by air: think of all the things that can go wrong and have a contingency plan in your mind. For instance, if the airline loses your luggage, have a change of clothes in your carry-on. Even better yet, you should not have any checked luggage.
Remember our rule: Lay out all the clothes you have for your trip, and take only HALF of it.
The Europeans and Australians are shocked to find out Americans typically only have two weeks of vacation per year. Here are some practical ideas on how to maximize the days that you do have.
Seoul, South Korea – only 50km from a member of the “Axis of Evil”. Nice article about places to go, people to see and where to stay while there.
This is a major reason why people don’t take time off. They feel the travel will make it harder for them to get a job when they come back. Far from it. Many say travel enhances their resume because it shows adaptability, resourcefulness and an engaging, outgoing nature.
Keep your nose clean when you travel folks. Drugs especially will get you thrown in jail, or even facing the death penalty in certain countries. There is a show on National Geographic called “Locked Up Abroad”. It will scare you straight if you even have a thought of doing something foolish overseas.
With that said, thousands of people travel every year without any interaction with law enforcement (myself included). Best thing to do: Don’t accept a package to deliver someplace else for money or any other reason.
What you should have in your carry-on to take care of the minor medical situations that will happen when traveling. Cipro for the stomach bugs is vital (by prescription) and antibacterial wipes are not included in this list.
Whether it is travel, starting a business, etc. some things to guide you down the path to pursuing what is really important to you.
Huge, huge market for English teachers overseas that I talked about before. This article focuses on Europe, but Asia, Africa and South America all need English teachers. As much as English speakers worry about speaking the local language when they travel, English is the global de facto language, even if Mandarin Chinese is spoken by more people worldwide.
- Travel News and Deals – September 8, 2009 – Airlines Lies, When Speaking English Really Isn’t, Trying to Cheat the Brazilians, Thailand Travel Contest
- Best Travel Deals and News – September 7, 2010 – Get Paid to Fly, How to Avoid Bedbugs, Renting Cars Abroad, Air Fares Are Going Back Up
- Travel News and Deals – June 16, 2009 – Eating Cat, Picking the Right Seat On The Plane, Missed Your Flight…No Problem!
- Travel News and Deals – August 4, 2009 – What To Tip Overseas, Amsterdam, India Train Travel, Virgin America Video, Buckle Up For Rough Air
- Travel News and Deals – May 25, 2009 – To Travel Abroad – Volunteer, Scared Straight For Travel, Win 100 Days in Oz