Thanks to loyal reader Karen for the info!
Downloadable app for your iPhone that allows you to create postcards from your pictures straight from the phone. $1.29 per card including printing, postage and delivery. No international postage delivery however, only US for now.
New York Times columnist Nicholas Kristof shares his tips for traveling into “rougher countries”. The comments are also very helpful, gathering the experience of the well traveled readers of the Times.
You don’t hear much about disabled travelers, and I am glad to share this link. Travel should be accessible anyone and everyone who wants to experience it.
Frequent flier miles are getting harder to get and harder to redeem. This article attempts to show how to get more miles by selling your home, shopping with certain companies, and opening bank accounts.
12,000 laptops are left at security screening areas in the US EVERY WEEK. I wonder what that works out to worldwide. What do they do with those laptops? And I wonder how much business and personal information is floating around on those drives.
Long term travel absolutely means you should have travel insurance. Any type of travel outside of your home country should include some insurance, both medical and travel. If you have insurance through your employer, it may NOT cover anything outside your home country. Don’t make that assumption and find out exactly what is covered before you take off.
This may have been handy in Morocco…
Another case of pros and cons. Solo women travelers get more protective attention abroad. They also get more obnoxious behavior thrown at them, especially from male suitors who can’t take no for an answer.
I always ask myself that question. This article attempts to show why.
- Best Travel Deals and News – August 24, 2010 – Best Places for Solo Travelers, Round the World with No Luggage, Solo Female Travel
- Travel Deals and News – July 20, 2010 – Tips for Family Travel, Traveling Honduras, Geek Hotels, Solo Travelers Can Cruise Too
- How To Become A SOLO Female Traveler
- Travel News and Deals – September 29, 2009 – Hostel Savings, Travel Insurance, Hiking in the Himalayas, How the Airlines Plan To Get Your Cash
- Travel News and Deals – June 9, 2009 – Traveling Solo, Cheap NYC, 10 Reasons to Leave Your Job